Andrew Sharabi M.D./Ph.D.
Founder, President, and CEO
Dr. Andrew Sharabi is a Board Certified Radiation Oncologist and Assistant Professor at UC San Diego, and physician-scientist with a Ph.D. in Immunology who specializes in treating Head and Neck Cancer.
- Internationally Recognized expert on Radiation and Immunotherapy
- Principle investigator of Phase I and Phase II clinical trials
- Director of Radiation Medicine Core Facility at Moores Cancer Center
- Scientific Advisor for San Diego Center for Precision Immunotherapy
Dr. Sharabi worked at Johns Hopkins University in the Immunology Research Program Under Drs. Charles Drake and Drew Pardoll who helped to discover the PD-1 checkpoint pathway.
Ms. Anita Busquets is a highly experienced startup executive who has served as President, CFO, COO, and Director of multiple companies including:
- Chief Financial Officer and Director of KI Investment Holdings
- Chief Financial and Administrative Officer of Salmedix Inc.
- Co-founded and served as the President and COO at GeneTex, Inc.
- Director of Finance and Administration for Corvas International
- President and Chief Operating Officer of NCE Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Chief Operating Officer at the CTRC Research Foundation, where she was instrumental in incubating and spinning out Ilex Oncology
Ms. Busquets holds an M.B.A. from Simmons College Graduate School of Management and a B.S. from Cornell University.
Richard Lumpkin, Ph.D.
Director of Research and Development
Dr. Richard Lumpkin has over 30 years of experience in early stage biotechnology companies and synthetic chemistry. He previously served as Senior Director at Global Blood Therapeutics becoming the first employee of this Third Rock Ventures founded company. He also played an instrumental part in spinning off Portola Pharmaceuticals from Millennium Pharmaceuticals. He held positions as a synthetic chemist and computer programmer at COR Therapeutics, Ribogene, Amylin and Corvas International, Inc.
Dr. Lumpkin received his undergraduate and graduate degrees in Biochemistry from the University of Missouri – Columbia.
Mr. Jeff Hartlin is partner and chair of the Corporate practice of Paul Hastings and is based in the firm’s Palo Alto and San Diego offices. He concentrates his practice in corporate law, capital-raising, mergers & acquisitions and securities and has represented several public and private companies in equity and debt private placements with a combined value of several billion. He also routinely represents startup and other early-stage companies from incorporation through early financing, pre-IPO capital raising, IPO and eventual sale.
Mr. Hartlin received his B.A. from University of California Davis and J.D. from University of Virginia School of Law.
Technology Licensing Consultant and Investor
Ms. Faye Hunter is a retired partner at Latham & Watkins LLP. She focused her practice on the representation of emerging growth companies, ranging from startup venture-backed to mature public companies. She also served on the Board of Trustees for Salk Institute and San Diego Public Library. Ms. Russell has expertise in corporate governance issues and frequently advises boards of directors and management on these issues. She also has assisted companies in developing and executing acquisition and licensing strategies, whether in connection with the initial in-licensing of technology or complex corporate alliance or partnering transactions.
Ms. Hunter received her AB from Stanford University and JD from the University of San Diego School of Law.